In 2020, the Community Service Ministry Team (CSMT) continued to be active while adhering to COVID-19 guidelines. The team carried out service projects benefitting the following community organizations:
SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK
- CSMT gathered and sorted food donated in our food cart outside the church.
- When the pandemic hit, all food in the church pantry was delivered to West Valley Community Services.
- CSMT got volunteers to help sort, load and distribute food safely, and direct traffic for Family Harvest food pickups.
BILL WILSON DROP-IN CENTER
- With the help of FCC’s Wake Up and Knit group, we donated handmade warm items for their clients – 18 hats, 15 scarves, and 12 cowls.
- Monthly sloppy joe lunches were prepared and served at the center until the COVID-19 restrictions took effect.
NEW HAVEN INN
- During the month of March, CSMT collected toiletries and art supplies, as well as cash for the shelter.
- In April, the $465 raised in monetary donations was forwarded to New Haven Inn.
- In June we dropped off the linens, toiletries and art supplies that were donated earlier.
- CSMT brought in dinner and decorations for a June Gay Pride celebration at New Haven.
- In December, CSMT also brought dinner and decorations as well as small gifts to the shelter for a holiday dinner and celebration.
Safe Car Park
- CSMT collected and donated emergency supplies that might be needed by guests parking at the church overnight.
Cookie Ministry (weekly cookie drop-offs)
- 28 people baked at least once; 23 people baked more than once. Our champion baker donated cookies 10 times!
- One industrious member of the congregation baked 20 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread to include with holiday donations for clients of Next Door Solutions and New Haven Inn.
- In all, our Cookie Ministry baked for: Bill Wilson Drop-In Center, New Haven Inn, Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence, Safe Car Park, and special Christmas gifts for homebound church members.
- Total cookies baked: 3,000+
Our Community Service Ministry Team is AWESOME! They help so many and inspire other members to get more involved by giving love and support to our neighbors who need help. This year has been particularly challenging and I am so impressed with all the team was able to accomplish. Thank you!
Commenting has been turned off.